martes, 18 de septiembre de 2018

How videogames helped me to learn English

How videogames helped me to learn English



Playing video games is something I love doing, but it all started when I was 8 years old when my father gave me my first game console: it was a GameBoy advance SP and it came with a Pokémon game (Pokemon Sapphire to be exact), that was my first contact with video games. I didn't know what i was doing in the game because it was in english but i manage to play the game and learn some words in English, at that time i was moving to other home and i met my neighbors, Rene and Andres, they lived in the United States we became best friends, one day i saw both of them playing videogames on some portatile console and i ask what were they doing and they answered "playing Pokemon" They were playing on a GameBoy Advance!!! Then I told them that i had a Pokemon game to so they asked my to bring it  and play and I did it, they showed me things that I didn't now about the game, at the same time I was asking them about some words in english and they told me the meaning. They had a Playstation 3 from the United States and all the games they had were in English and when we were playing I didn't now what we had to do so they helped me again translating the words. At that time thanks to my friends and videogames I had a little bit of English vocabulary. Now days I keep playing videogames and i own at least 132 videogames between my xbox 360 and pc (I know... I don't have life) thanks to the technological advance of the online games you can talk with others players all over the world and thanks to that I know many friends from the United states and hispanic countrys. I had never take English classes, all my vocabulary, knowledge and cultural knowledge from the US that i know is thanks to the videogames and persons that helped me.

                                                  (This are my favorite video games)

-Carlos Alberto Cruz Aquino

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

The end of something, Ernest Hemingway

By Karla Ruíz