lunes, 30 de septiembre de 2019

Trip to the Lacandon jungle. By Valeria Gómez Enríquez.

During my high school, my group and I went to different places in the state of Chiapas, my two favorites were the trip to practice Adventure tourism and the other one to the Lacandon jungle.
On the first trip we went to Tziscao lake and Xbulanja, in Tziscao we did kayaking and in Xbulanja we did rafting, during these two activities I was very scared but after do in it I was very happy for the experience I had just lived.
Years later, in our last semester we went to different places near or in the Lacandon jungle, the first place we visited was Tonina, there we walked a lot but at the end all that effort was worth it , also we had a very nice guide I don’t remember his name but I remember that he told us that he worked with the people who discovered the ruins also he showed us everything that was found during the excavations.
Then we camp at a campsite in Metzabok, we spend the night there, the next day we woke up early to visit the lagoon, on that they we met Don Juanito, a native Lacandon he barely spoke Spanish but his son helped us to communicated with him, they took us to the other side of the lagoon and after that we walked to a viewpoint that was at the top of the hill, there we also walked a lot, during our walked Don Juanito was showing us different plants and the different uses they have, it was awesome.
The next day we went to Bonampak to see the ruins and the murals that are there, our guide explained us a little bit of the history of the people that lived there, all the wars and the meanings of the murals.
Those are some of my favorites places we visited on this trip, I remember this trip with great love because it was the last one we did as a group and we had a great time doing the different activities and getting to know new places and new people. 












No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

The end of something, Ernest Hemingway

By Karla Ruíz