martes, 18 de septiembre de 2018

Teo is my pet and she is a chicken. LOL.

She is eight months old and has been with me since it was a simple egg. It was me who helped her out of the shell because the hen that was empoying her abandoned them.

She was living in my room for the first three weeks of her life. She had it in a small box of shoes with shavings and a spotlight provided her with heat.

My granny put her Teófilo, thinking she was a rooster so at home we started calling her Teo and got used quickly. Teo followed us around the house and always wanted to be by our feet to sleep.

At first, I did not know what to feed her since the hens regurgitate the food for the chicks. My granny said to give her a dough porridge with little water and so little by little, Teo was growing. When she went out into the yard it was funny to see the little chick fight for a big worm.

I expected that Teo was a great cock like his dad but it was not like that, it turned out to be a chicken but it is a beautiful and angry chicken. We always eat together because she has a habit of going to the kitchen and knocking on the door waiting for food. Teo loves madly to eat meat and fish, I've used her to eat everything but also because of that, she often stops and pecks when you do not give her what she wants. I have it very spoiled.

Currently, she has laid her first eggs and is brooding so yes, I feel like a mother how much daughter is about to make her grandmother.


By Maybelline F. Teco.

2 comentarios:

  1. Amazing! I never thought to have a chicken as a pet, but it looks cool and funny :O

    ResponderEliminar
  2. So cuteeeeeeee. :3 I want to have one :-(

    ResponderEliminar

The end of something, Ernest Hemingway

By Karla Ruíz