lunes, 30 de septiembre de 2019

My trip to Quebec

Last year i had the chance to experience life in another country. I had a hard time figuring out what i wanted to do after i finished high school, i wasn’t really sure i wanted to start studying right away. I really wanted to experience living in another culture and i never continued learning french so i thought it would be great to study another language in a different country. That’s why i decided to go to Quebec, Canada.
I arrived there in August 2018, i was super excited and honestly i didn’t knew what to expect. It was going to be the longest time i had ever spent without my family and the first time i ever travelled all alone. But i wasn’t scared of getting to meet new people or having to face a whole new culture and a different language by myself.
I lived with a really lovely lady named Martine, she practically adopted me and she had two dogs that were a little bit annoying but cute. I went to french classes in the morning and had the rest of the day free to get to know the city and explore. I absolutely loved my school, specially the teachers, they were all really nice to me and fun to be around, their classes were so good i went from A 1.1 to C1 in five months.
The city was really pretty, not big but not small either. My favorite part of the city was “the old Quebec” because the houses and the establishments there have a really nice architecture and give out an old and rustic vibe. I visited other cities outside of Quebec city like Montreal, but still my favorite city in the province was Quebec city.
Regardless of all the things i did and all the new things that i learnt, my favorite part of the trip were the friends i made. I’m sure that without them it wouldn’t had been the same, they became my family pretty quickly. I was lucky to find people with whom i got along so easily. I still talk to most of them almost everyday, i miss them so much and i really look forward to visiting some of them soon.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

The end of something, Ernest Hemingway

By Karla Ruíz